dinsdag 2 april 2013

weekly update #6



A late weekly update again… sorry for that but it was Easter.

The project is in my opinion not going fast enough. I haven’t done much last weekend because I focused on my supportive narrative and I was busy with finding good sources. Unfortunately, I now have too many sources and it make me crazy because I cannot decide which is relevant enough ...


I have orderd the book "Picture This: How Pictures Work" by Molly Bang and "Deeper than Reason: Emotion and its Role in Literature, Music, and Art" by Jenefer Robinson. So I have to wait a few weeks for those. Both books are interesting, in Picture this Molly explains why certain shapes, placing object in a certain way, colors and composition let us experience certain feelings. Deeper than Reason is about the role of emotion in art and why this is important.
Now that I'm going deeper into research I am slowly getting scared ... what if the theory I hope to create already exists?

I'll just have to read the books and go find out if that is so.


I also have borrowed two thick
books. "Emotions" by Nico H. Frijda and "Psychology of the Arts" by Hans Kreitler and Shulamith Kreitler.
I hope to find a definition of emotion in an objective way and find theories of art that evoke emotions. But I noticed that a lot of books about art and emotions are about how to translate your own emotions to art and let the viewer experience your emotions. But that’s not my main goal. My goal is to decide which emotion the viewer should experience, not necessary  your own emotions.

Well I have a lot of reading to do and drawing, and hopefully I can finish the books I have borrowed this week.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten