maandag 22 april 2013

weekly update #8 & 9



Last week, I’ve been too busy to do an update, so to compromise, this extra-large post.


Done a lot in the past time, production wise and in the field of research. I have also had the midterm and got a green light. Which means I'm doing well, I still have to do some more work on my supportive narrative.


My research concerns the definition of emotion is almost complete, I have a chapter with a few subchapters which I can draw a conclusion about how to recognize emotion and where it comes from. Also I now have a better idea of ​​what I eventually want to make; a model that functions as a guide for Visual Artists to create illustrations that evoke emotion.
For this I will do more research on Affective Psychology of Science and Arts, and create the model with the intertwined knowledge.

My theory is that if I combine Affective Science and Psychology of Arts, I can make an Affective Artifact. An illustration that evokes emotion.











In terms of production Hiromi and I have decided to have separate deliverables. She is responsible for the trailer and animations, my responsibility is visual development and producing the artbook. I have designed Gustavo and the entrance to the factory. (And in the meantime have made promotional banner).


The next few weeks, I will focus more on my supportive narrative, I make more time to make a beginning of a model even if it is just one emotion. This I shall test by using the model to create an illustration and question and observe the spectator if the emotion was evoked. My plan for this was to have two test groups, the artists and the spectator. The artist test whether the model is clear and usable, the spectators test the illustrations produced with the model as a guide if they also evoke emotions.
On area of production I will make more environments designs and props designs, characters are all set.
Hiromi will work on the second version of the moving storyboard on and will soon start with the animation of the trailer.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten